Does anyone else get a weird sense of joy from year end compilations? Maybe it's because I have an obsession with lists, but I love them. I just have to know what the ten best books of the year and who had the best fashion moment. It's part of the end of year ritual. So it's high time The Commentary had it's own list:

Book: The Sense of an Ending
Truly one of the best books I've ever read. The twist come in the very last paragraph and solicited an audible gasp from me.

Song: Spanish Steps by Ciaran McMeeken
The lyrics and the melody are utter perfection. I've been known to listen to this on loop for my entire commute.

Album: Tell Me It's Real by Seafret 
One word - harmonies!!

App: Every Dollar
Not the sexiest app, but this little guy will get your budget under control.

Podcast: Slow Burn
This podcast goes deep on the two presidential impeachments of the 20th century and is. so. interesting. I binged the entire first season in three days.

Board Game: Pandemic 
My family has been playing this one non-stop. We rarely win, which is why I think we love it...

Restaurant: The Little Goat Diner in Chicago
This should be spoken of in hushed tones. I was in Chicago for work and went on a recommendation. Wow! Get the pork belly potato and send me a thank you note in the mail.

Movie: Mama Mia 2
Yes, it was campy. Yes, it was predictable. But Colin Firth in purple spandex was utter perfection.

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram