I must say that I am a little heart broken that I'm missing the entire month of July in the US.  I feel like July is month spent in celebration.  I think of bbq's, beaches, and late night games with the family.  I was particularly sad that I would be missing the Fourth of July.  Next to Christmas and Flag Day, the Fourth is my favorite holiday of the year.  I love the smell of sparklers in the night air and watching the little kids chase fireflies at dusk.  Our family always has a big bbq with watermelon and some sort of delicious dessert.  Then we set fire to whole box of fireworks and it's great! Ah, I just love the Fourth.
The JC, however, did not fail me.  We had exams on the actual Fourth, so the Center celebrated on the eight of July.  It was one of the best evenings that I've had in Jerusalem.  Our kitchen staff out did themselves with a spread of hamburgers, corn on the cob, and a plethora of American desserts.  They even had pecan pie :) The food was pure bliss.  While we sat on the patio eating that delicious, a myriad of classic American tunes was pumping out of the stereo system: Everything from the Beach Boys to the Charlie Daniels Band to Justin Beiber. We danced and played games and just soaked this little slice of America.  To top off the night, there was a little firework show.  We're not sure if it was meant for us or if it was for the Muslim wedding across the street.  As for me, I'd like to think that it was a gift from Uncle Sam.
Dancing outside the JC

Sweet Deliciousness 

Erica and I 

Love me some pecan pie :) 

Three-legged race

The Joker showed....

I went fishing....best. ruler. ever. 

Mr. Hyatt (the director), Me, and Brother Chadwick 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram