It has now come to one of the saddest parts of the Olympics: Swimming is essentially over.  This is inevitable each time, but the sting never seems to diminish.  Swimming is by far my favorite event to watch and it has nothing to do with Ryan Lochte.  I swam my senior year of high school and have loved it ever since.  I get so excited when I see the athletes flying through the water and they have the most beautiful flip-turns that I've ever seen.  It's amazing! Not only is the technique impeccable, but the races (for the most part) are always so close! Most are determined by a few one hundredths of a second! If that doesn't get your heart racing then you should probably get that checked out.

During these Olympics a new queen of the pool has emerged. Missy Franklin is the bubbly 17-year-old from Colorado.  I hate to admit that I didn't watch many of her races.  I was caught up in the Lochte-Phelps duel, but I did manage to see a few.  She's a bullet! She won race after race.  I wish I was winning Olympic golds at that age (really any age)! While it is no doubt that she's something else in the pool, she's all stellar on land.  I watched her interview last night as she closed out her games and to say I was impressed would be an understatement.  She carries herself with such class and spunk (not two words I thought would go together, but she makes it work).  She was captivating and engaging, which isn't always the case with world class athletes.  Needless to say, I am excited to see her again in Rio in four years.  Congrats on a great Olympics, Missy!





Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram