You know what happens when you have a sick day? You're up all night watching Lord of the Rings because you spent the whole day sleeping. I've spent enough hours willing my body to go to sleep that I've finally given up and accepted that it's probably going to be an all nighter. In the immortal words of Katy Perry, "I'm wide awake."


I remember when I was little and I used to relish the idea of staying up all night. I don't know how or when all nighters got romanticized, but I don't get it. Where's the fun in being awake when everyone else is asleep? The only upside was that I didn't have to fight anyone for whatever Harry Potter book I wanted to read. We had a rule that if someone wanted the HP book you were reading, you got to finish the chapter you were on and then had to relinquish it; tough protocol at the Lopez Homestead. Oh, and I could sneak snacks from the pantry after everyone went to bed. That was pretty rad.

Maybe it's a sign that I'm officially an adult now that I enjoy normal sleeping patterns and get irked when my Circadian rhythm gets messed up. I am one of those people who wakes up between 8 and 9 every Saturday and it doesn't even bother me. Weird. I'm not even sure when that paradigm shift happened. Huh.

**Disclaimer: stream of consciousness 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram