It's that time again! I've been dying to dust off my sewing machine and try something new. I'm so ready for spring and I have been looking for a cute dress or skirt and there's just nothing. I can never find anything that is long enough. So, I'm just going to make my own!


I was perusing Pinterest and stumbled upon this awesome dress from Merrick's Art. I love how soft and flowy it is--a perfect dress of the spring/summer season. If you pick a dark color, I think it could be a great pick for fall too!

I've never made a dress (or any clothing!) before so I'm a little nervous about this project. The pattern seems simple enough so hopefully it won't be too difficult! If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them! Or read them...




I'm going to use a knit jersey fabric because it moves so well and it pretty lightweight for the warm months. I love the color that Merrick used! Chartreuse is so bright and fun, but I haven't been able to find that exact hue so I'm looking at a few others:








All the fabric choices are from Mood Fabrics. It's this great online store that won't break the bank, which is an absolute win in my book. How great is that print?! I really love it, but I think I might save it for a pencil skirt. 


What do you think? Any thoughts on which color you like best? I'm also thinking about a yellow, but I couldn't find any that I liked. 


Photo Cred: Merrick's Art


Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram