Hello, dear readers! Once again I've been slacking a little bit! Apologies!!

Last week I went to Girls' Camp with my stake so I was just MIA in general :) But it was so fun!


I really tried to unplug as much as possible last week so I've only got two pictures from the whole thing! It was a long week, but full of so many awesome experiences. Here are some highlights:

  • There were only two spider incidences. I am terrified of spiders, like out of control terrified, so the fact that I only had two run-ins is a major win. 
  • It's weird being an adult. The girls would come up and ask me questions or permission to do something which has never really happened to me before. It's weird. 
  • I bought a $7 sweatshirt from Wal-mart and it might be one of my favorite clothing items in my closet. 
  • I got to hang out with the coolest ladies all week! Seriously, they are so amazing and I am super blessed that I got to spend time with them and get to know them.
  • I did a 5-mile hike with one of the other leaders (one of those super cool chicks mentioned above). I've really missed hiking since I moved away from Utah, so this little hike was a welcome surprise. 
  • S'mores. Need I say more?
  • The first day we did a ropes course which was a cracking good time. On the same trip I banged my knee super hard so now I've got this wicked bruise. 
  • The best part of camp, however, was the girls. I don't think we give teenagers enough credit, to be honest. I was so impressed with how well they watched for each, included each other, and served one another. I learned so much about being compassionate and inclusive as I watched these girls interact with one another this week. It was such a beautiful experience and I am so grateful that I was able to be involved. The weeks and months leading up to camp were so busy and sometimes stressful, but it was all worth it to be there this week! 




Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram