Best weekend ever!!! I spent the weekend at my Aunt Kris's and had the privilege to watch General Conference. General Conference is broadcasted church meeting that happens every six months where the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speak.  They provide messages of council, warning, and encouragement.  What a blessing it is to hear to listen to them!  I am so grateful for the direction they provide to me.
This conference was filled with so many wonderful treasures; I cannot possibly begin to write them all down.  I am grateful for President Uchtdorf's talk that encouraged us to move forward with faith.  Oftentimes it seems that when things become difficult we stop relying on Heavenly Father.  President Uchtdorf reminded us that these difficult times is when we need Him the most.  We have to trust that Heavenly Father knows us well enough to know what will be best for us.  
I also really enjoyed Elder Paul V. Johnson's talk on adversity that we undoubtedly encounter during this life. He explained that this is part of the experience and these experiences help to refine us and make us better.  Having this perspective allows us to move through trials with a hope that all things will work together for our good.  
Many of the talks focused on the blessings of the temple.  I am so grateful for the peace and joy that the temple has brought into my life.  My life has been greatly blessed by the temple.  I know that these blessings are real.  I am grateful that these inspired men helped me to refocus my life and ensure that my priorities are in order.  Best weekend ever!!!!

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram