...Be ever in your favor.  This past week I went and saw The Hunger Games.  My friends wanted to go to the midnight premiere.  I had an interview the next morning so I was skeptical to go, but I knew I couldn't pass this chance up.  I bought a ticket....Best. Decision. Ever.


Katie picked me up at 10:00 and we waited outside until the blessed moment when they let us in.  We were in District 3 for the 12:09 showing of one of the greatest movies ever.  All of the other theaters were let in before us because there was a sweet old man watching a movie in ours.  We finally got in and the anticipation was killing us! We had to wait for a good 45 minutes before the movie started, but luckily we had delicious slushies to pass the time :)
Finally, the moment came...The lights dimmed, the screen lit, and the Games began.  Before I knew it I was on the edge of my seat as the Reaping began.  I felt a glimmer of pride as Katniss volunteers as Tribute in order to save her sister.  Then I was on a train racing towards the Capitol.  Next came the training and interviews and finally..the Arena.  I could feel my pulse elevating as Katniss was raised to the Arena and the countdown began.  As the final seconds ticked away my anticipation peaked and then....the battle started.  (I must admit that at times I covered my eyes because I didn't want to see anything too gorey, but I was pleasantly supplied.  It was not graphic at all.) I watched intently as the heroine maneuvered through the Arena and conquered her foes.  When the movie finally ended I was a little disappointed.  I wanted it to keep going or to rewind it and watch it again.  My friends and I sleepily stumbled back to the car (it was almost 3am) and drove back home.  As I slipped into bed I thought back over the movie and dreamed of the day when I could watch it again.


The most watched trailer of my life

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram