I know that I am a few days late in this post, but better late than never, right? :) This past weekend was one of the greatest that I can remember.  I spent it at my aunt and uncle's home (which is always a treat!) playing with my cousins and talking of the greatest weekend in history.  I am so grateful to my Savior who endured unthinkable pains and sorrows on my behalf.  I am extremely humbled by his sacrifice for me.  I make so many mistakes and stumble from the path, but because of Christ I am able to right my wrongs and try again. What a blessing it is to know that he understands and is willing to give me another chance.  I am extremely grateful for that wonderful Sunday morning over two millenia ago when Christ conquered death and arose on the third day.  I know that because of Christ that I will live again.  

While living in Israel and I have the privilege to visit the sites where this miraculous weekend played out.  I will never forget what it felt like to sit under an olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane.  I was deeply humbled as I sat and pondered what my Savior had done for me there.  The worries and noises of the world melted away after I walked through the gate.  What a privilege it was to be there! Perhaps my favorite place in all of Jerusalem was the Garden Tomb.  The entire garden is cloaked with a peaceful feeling.  Although there is nothing that says you have to speak quietly there, everyone seems to always whisper in the garden.  So many times did I sit in front of the tomb and offer prayers of gratitude to my Savior for what he had accomplished there.  As classmates we would sing songs about Easter morning as tears streamed down our faces, overwhelmed by gratitude and humility.  I will never forget how I felt on those blessed mornings and blistering afternoons.  I am eternally grateful for my Savior.  For all that he did and all that he does.  I know that he died on Calvary on that awful Friday afternoon, but I also know that triumphantly rose on Sunday morning.  He lives, of this I am sure. 

He lives! All glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same. 
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

The Most Beautiful Words Ever Spoken
Happy Easter!

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram