Anyone who knows me knows that I am a crier.  I sometimes refer to it as the 'Lopez Chokehold,' there's not get out of it.  If anyone in the room is even thinking about crying, chances are I already am.  From previous posts, you probably also know that the waterworks extend to the Olympics as well.  I just get caught up in the moment.  Basically anytime someone wins a gold medal, the tears are flowing :) 

The crazy thing is is that it doesn't even have to be an American medal.  Case-in-point: Yesterday was the finals of the Men's 200M Butterfly.  The whole race Phelps was out in front but at the last moment Chad Le Clos out touched by mere fractions of a second.  At this point, I was nowhere close to tears.  Just when I thought I was in the clear though, the camera panned to Papa Le Clos and it was all over.  As he sat with the South African flag wrapped around his head, weeping in joy/unbelief, I joined him, basking in the glory of his son.  

This happens event after event and I love it.  So to all the Olympic parents out there...way to go! 

Papa Le Clos 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram