Cosette and Marius (the ever-dashing Redmayne)

Welcome to my current obsession. While I was home over break I begged my parents to take me to see Les Mis. I had never/seen/read/listened to it. My exposure to Les Mis was limited to seeing the movie trailer and vague references in my high school English class. I had no idea that I was walking into my favorite movie of all time!

Since seeing it with my parents, I have seen it again, bought the soundtrack, purchased the book, and belted out "I Dreamed a Dream" countless times in the shower. I'm telling you...I'm OBSESSED.

Anne Hathaway....perfect
The music was absolutely perfect! I love Hugh Jackman's clear baritone and let's not get started on Eddie Redmayne...hands down my favorite. His voice is so rich, he has a delightful accent, and he's easy on the eyes :)

Helena Bonham Carter and Sascha Baron Cohen are perfect as the swindling innkeepers. They provide the perfect amount of comic relief and are so believable in their respective roles. I basically love anything Carter is in though so maybe I'm not to be trusted on this...

How can you not love these two?!


Anne Hathaway and Samantha Barks win the crown for best ballads. Again, though, I'm a sucker for ballads...Everyone needs a good ballad in their career, right? "I Dreamed a Dream" completely blew me away. The emotion was heartbreaking as you watch Hathaway's world crumble around her. Barks delivers a similar performance in "On My Own." Standing in the rain she laments the fact that she'll never be loved by Marius (Redmayne and, let's be honest, who can blame her). Ah, those scenes just killed me. 


Eponine 
If you haven't seen Les Mis yet, stop reading this blog and go see it right now! It may replace Becoming Jane as the movie I watch on sick days/rainy days/sad days/any day that ends in 'y'. Until then I'll just listen to the soundtrack on loop :)

Ah, Jean Valjean



Can you hear the people sing, Singing the song of angry men...


Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram