Today I had the opportunity to attend our stake conference. The speakers were wonderful and I felt that  there was a little something specific for me in each talk. As I came home I was thinking about the power of words. Words can sweeter than pie, cut deeper than swords, and lift hearts that are deflated. They are such a powerful tool, for either good or bad. 

I continued to mull this over I though of some of my favorite words. The words that bring light to my darkest days. I ran through the list in my head and found that almost all of them came from the scriptures or church leaders. Comfort and peace has always been in the Gospel of Jesus Christ for me. 

I love lists :) So I have compiled some of my favorite quotes, scriptures, and thoughts that I turn to on rainy days:

"I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun--not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else."
-CS Lewis 

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or we can rejoice that thorn bushes have roses."
-Abraham Lincoln 

"Don't you give up. Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead... It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

"If I find in myself desire which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world."
-CS Lewis

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
-Philippians 4:13

"Preach the Gospel at all times and, when necessary, use words."
-St. Francis of Assisi 

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."
-Jeffrey R. Holland 

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to cry or laugh. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
-Marjorie Hinckley

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,' and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
-Proverbs 3: 5-6

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you can't see the whole staircase."
-Martin Luther King, Jr. 

"It's better to look up."
-Thomas S. Monson

1 comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram