Can you believe that summer is winding down?! I bought one of my books for class yesterday! Crazy stuff. At the beginning of the summer I decided to try eating only fruits, veggies, and grains. It's been an interesting adventure for sure.

I've had to be quite creative sometimes when planning meals. I've fallen in LOVE with quinoa. This amazing grain, dubbed a super food by experts, is super high in protein and is quite filling. Through this whole adventure I think that has been the hardest part: finding enough things to eat to keep me full. Couscous is another great option for a hearty grain with great nutritional value.

Quinoa plant

At the beginning of my veggie summer it was really, really hard. I had to be super conscious of what I was eating, especially when going out to eat. Buuut, I've liked it so much that I'm making it permanent--with a few adjustments. Meat is good and I need to make sure I'm getting enough protein. So it's more of a flexitarian diet, as a friend called it.

flexitarian (n)- someone who rarely consumes meat

I'm thinking once a week. That's how I did it this summer and I feel great! I have so much energy, my skin looks better, and my fridge is filled with color fruits and veggies :) It's like a mini farmers' market in my fridge.

1 comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram