When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.

— Samuel Johnson

London, London, London. Home to royalty, castles, and high fashion. It's everything a girl could want. London is the most anticipated city on my itinerary. I have dreamed of the day when I finally visit this city of dreams. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I don't believe that I am actually going to be there. 

Planning for London has been a bit overwhelming. There's so much to do and see that I don't even know where to begin. Plus I've romanticized it so much that sometimes I think I'll get there and some handsome young man named Rupert or something will show up and give me a personal tour of the city. But we can't all be Mary-kate and Ashley (Winning London, anyone?) It's just all too much.

London is full of amazing museums like the British Museum with treasures from all over the world, the National Gallery with the British monarchy's official portraits, the National History Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum, and those are just the first four listed on most sites! I can't possibly see all of those in few short days that I will be there. The name of the game is definitely going to be prioritizing. 

Aside from the museums there's all the shopping that London has to offer! Let's be honest, this is going to be the mostly likely way that I'll run into Kate Middleton, my fashion icon. Not that I'll be able to afford anything but a girl can dream. Harrod's has a beautiful tribute to Princess Diana so I'll definitely be stopping there. London is also home to tons and tons of flea and flower markets (Camden and Borough are highly recommended).  

The plus of going to London during high season is that all of the palaces will be open for tours. How can you go to London and not see Buckingham Palace? I will not, however, be one of those obnoxious tourists who tries to get the Queen's guards to smile, but I will definitely be scheduling a tour of her house. Thanks, Your Majesty. Kensington Palace will also be open. I want to tour the gardens--I've heard they're beautiful. I've also already looked up if they serve tea (herbal, of course) and they do, so that's happening! London is going to be dream! Maybe I'll even run into Eddie Redmayne...

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram