Norway has always been at the top of my bucket list. The tales of the fjords and the pictures of the sea have enchanted me for years. When I got the chance to visit I jumped at the opportunity. I spent a week there and I was not disappointed. The whole country lived up to everything I had built it up to be (except for the cost...beware it is very expensive!). If you are thinking about visiting this amazing place, let me give you another five reasons to put you over the edge:

The Food

When I first think of Norway, food is not the first thing that comes to mind but it should be. The fish is amazing, obviously, but the bread is to die for! I must have eaten at least one loaf every day. The jam is also fantastic which is quick and cheap something to stave off hunger during those hikes on the fjord. Norwegian chocolate is also from the gods--so good!


The Scenery

If my previous posts have not convinced you that this country is BEAUTIFUL then I'm not sure what else I can do. Honestly, Norway is one of the most spectacular places I have ever been. It is something out of a dream. 

The People

Norwegians are some of the most kind and helpful people around. Every person I met was so willing to help, whether I was asking for directions or for a suggestion of something to see. Not only are they very helpful, but everyone looks like a super model. 

The Hiking

With such amazing scenery, how can you not be out hiking?! I hiked the Preikestolen, but that was just one of the amazing hikes in Stavanger, and that's just one region! The whole country is filled with enough hikes to feed your inner hiker for weeks. 

 

 

Norwegian Pride

Norwegians love Norway. From Oslo to Stavanger, the national pride in Norway is palpable. I was extremely impressed with the knowledge everyone seemed to have about the places we visited. They seemed to know all of the history of Norway; it was incredible. I loved being in a place where people were so proud of their country. This helped me to enjoy Norway that much more. 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram