As I was sitting in airport in London, I realized that I still had a ten-pound note, just burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought a book. I heard from several people that The Fault in Our Stars was THE book to read. It fit the £10 budget so I bought it. I read this book in one day. At one point I was sobbing on the plane and I swear the woman next to me tried to scoot as far away as possible. 

Normally I shy away from books that I know are going to make me cry, but I decided to take a chance on this one--it was well worth the risk. This book is AMAZING. The writing was wonderful. John Green was witty and believable. I really felt like I was listening to a 17-year-old girl . The storyline was just as great as the writing. Heavy stories like this are often overdone, but I thought Green found the perfect balance. It was heart-wrenching without ruining my whole day. I highly recommend this book--so so good. I am so glad I read the book before I saw the movie, which I am now counting down the days to see. 

<div class="sqs-video-wrapper" data-html="



" data-provider-name="YouTube">

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram