My last night in London was one of the best of the whole trip. My travel companion had one thing that he wanted to do while in the UK, which was to see Les Miserables in the West End. At first we were told that that night's show was sold out, but we ran over to the theater and scored some of the last seats. So lucky, right?

Now, I am partial to the 2012 movie version (not at all because I have the largest crush on Eddie Redmayne or anything), so I was a bit nervous about my lofty expectations. While the show was very different from the move (to be expected) it was still amazing. Both of the women who played Fantine and Eponine were phenomenal. I mean, wow! They were just so good. Val Jean was great as well. Really, I was impressed with the whole cast. But this is the West End, so I should have known it was going to amazing :) I am sooo glad that we made time to catch a show. Les Mis was definitely the right choice. There's just something special about seeing a show where it first opened. 

I wasn't able to take pictures or anything, so enjoy this clip from the movie, featuring Eddie Redmayne:

<div class="sqs-video-wrapper" data-html="



" data-provider-name="YouTube">

PS. I also visited the Churchill War Rooms, a definite must see if you're in London!

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram