After Oxford, I spent the next few days in London-town. I LOVE London. I think of all the places I visited, London was by far my favorite. I don't know what it is about that place, but there is magic in the air. Maybe it's because of London's royal history or the fact that it is an absolute melting. Whatever it is, I fell in love from the very first day. I spent plenty of time in London's parks, which is a fabulous way to 'waste' an afternoon, but I promise that it is not a waste. 

My last day (I know, out of order) I took a bike tour of Royal London. This might be my favorite thing that I did in Europe. Bikes are THE way to see London and most of Europe I would venture to say. I heard about this company from a friend who did their tour and for £20 ( about $35) I was treated to four hours on a guided tour. It was so perfect. We started at Kensington Palace, through Hyde Park to Buckingham Palace, up to Parliament, through Trafalgar Square to Westminster, back to Downing Street, and through St. James and Kensington Gardens back home. This may not seem like a lot, but London is massive. Our tour guide gave us just enough information to keep up interested without overloading us.

The actually biking itself was extremely enjoyable as well. As I said, London is huge but the biking was not strenuous in the least. Luckily, London is flat :) I was on a cruiser for the tour. At first the handlebars were tricky to get used to, but after a few minutes I got the hang of it and felt very posh as I rode through the streets of London. So, I'm a believer. #biketours4lyfe

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram