Is it kosher to write a book review before you've finished said book? Well, I'm doing just that :) A few weeks ago a friend recommended that I read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. This book is amazing! I am learning so much and it is super validating. This may be surprising to those of you who know me, but I am an introvert to a "T". I'm super uncomfortable in huge crowds of people and often would rather curl up with a book than go to a party. I'll be reading a new section and Susan Cain will point out a behavior typical of introverts and I'll mentally scream, "I so do that!" or "Yeah, I totally get that!" 

Throughout her book, Cain talks about the power introverts have. She explains how solitude can foster creativity, innovation, and deep thinking--not that introverts have a corner on these markets at all. I've found this book to be super validating and, interestingly, I've learned tons about myself. I highly recommend it, whether or not you're an introvert.

PS. The author also did a TedTalk.

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram