When I flew home from London, I spent my last few pounds and bought The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene. The book was fantastic and I was excited to see the movie. My brother and I share a love for John Greene so we decided to see the movie together while he was in town. The movie was fantastic--just as good as the book.

Shailene Woodley played Hazel Grace and I thought she did an awesome. She was the perfect balance of cheeky but still slightly awkward the character demands. She wasn't exactly how I imagined Hazel but she still captured the character well and I was pleased with her performance. 

Augustus Watters, on the other hand, was exactly how I pictured. This was some seriously good casting! Ansel Elgort was the perfect choice for Gus. Honestly, to a T how I pictured him. 

From start to finish, this movie was just amazing. The movie is pretty true to the book, which is always pleasantly surprising. I would, however, recommend reading the book first. I knew I would probably sob in during movie, but managed to keep it together. The director doesn't overdue to sad parts of the story so your whole day is not ruined. Basically, it's just an awesome movie and you should see it.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, the previews for this movie (minus the obligatory horror movie preview) looked equally as good: 
What If//The 100 Yard Journey//If I Stay//The Book of Life 
I'm particularly excited for The 100 Yard Journey and The Book of Life!

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram