Well, I've been in grad school for one month. I can't believe how quickly time has gone!



Here's my take on my new life situation:

1. Grad school is not at all the nightmare I thought it would. I feel like all I have ever heard about grad school is horror stories of all-nighters that never end and tests that cover everything but the lecture material. Maybe it's the fact that I've taken most of my classes before, but so far, not too bad. 

2. Cooking for one is way harder than grad school. Now, you make be thinking, "Angela, haven't you been cooking for one for years now?" No. During undergrad I would usually cook for someone else (roommate, friends, handsome boy) so I never really had the burden of just cooking for me. I don't like it. I can only eat the same meal so many nights in a row!

3. East Coast driving is the worst. What do you mean I have to pay $4.00 to cross this bridge? Tolls are the worst. Also, apparently roads get major potholes in places where it snows a lot? I had no idea.

4. My personality has changed a little bit, which took me by surprise. I find that I'm quieter at grad school. I'm not sure why, but it's new.

5. Online shopping is my new favorite thing. I find that I have a lot of free time now and I am a bit embarrassed by how much of it I spend (window) shopping online. When I do breakdown and buy something, however, it's super exciting. It's pretty great to come home from class and have a package on your doorstep; it kind of feels like you're getting free stuff. 

6. I am no closer to knowing what I want to do now then I was six months ago. I have a longer list of things I do not want to do but no idea what I do want to do. I'm hoping that changes soon. If you have any ideas I am beyond open to suggestions :) I have a few things that I am toying with but haven't made any firm decisions, commitments, or actions, so there ya go. 

This is a snapshot of me, one month into grad school. It's been an interesting ride so far and I'm curious to see where things go from here. I'm hoping that number one does not change and number six does, but I'll keep you posted. 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram