I have a list of books that I want to buy. It gets longer with each passing day, but ever now and then the book gods smile down and I actually get to buy a book. This beautiful event happened this weekend and I bought 642 Things to Write About. I saw this book and decided I needed it, so I bought it. I've also decided that on Mondays I'll write a post from this book.

So begin Monday Musing Number 1: What would you buy from the SkyMall Catalog?


Before I get into the crux of this post, how did SkyMall become a thing? Who approved this decision? And how do items make it into the SkyMall? My dream job is to be the person who decides that.

Ok, now for what I would buy. I've picked my top five, one from each category (except pets because that's irrelevant in my life up to this point):

1. Travel: Lotion Application, $29.99
No more yoga is needed to reach that awkward spot on your back! Your lotion applicator can just do it for you. My life is changed!




2. Home & Garden: King Tut Life-Sized Cabinet, $950
I've always dreamed of owning a priceless piece of art but it's always been out of my price range. However, I don't think anyone will notice the difference on this beautiful replica. Cross that off the ol' bucket list.




3. Health & Beauty: Justin Bieber Toothbrush, $2.99
I don't think this one needs any explanation. Hello, stocking stuffers!




4. Clothing & Accessories: Darth Vadar Costume, $58
Halloween is just around the corner and I'll win every costume contest with this one so I have to get it. It's not even a question.




5. Electronics: Joy of Painting DVD Set, $89.95
Bob Ross: an American icon that does not receive the attention he deserves. I'll tuck this DVD set away for a rainy day and then fill my house with masterpieces. 




There it is: my SkyMall shopping list. The real question is, does anyone really buy this stuff while they're on a plane? It just seems a liiitle out of place. But hey, if you know where I can apply to be the person who puts stuff in the catalog, I'm all in. 







Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram