Icelandic sheep are the stuff of legends. And this little guy was more than happy to pose for the camera. We found him as we drove out to a lighthouse perched on the coast. 




At this point we were well off the beaten path. The joy of having your own car is that you can go wherever the wind (sometimes literally) takes you! We quickly left the smooth paved roads and found ourselves stuck in with the locals.

Eventually we came around a little bend and found the most unassuming lighthouse. We had a short hike that was worth every step. Christina and I were the only ones for miles and the solitude was the most wonderful feeling.

There have only been a few times in my life where I felt like I was all alone in the world and this little lighthouse was one of them. It's a hard feeling to describe, but I wish I could bottle it. I felt small and big all at the same time. It was almost as if I had the chance to get a bird's eye view of my life and reassess priorities and goals and all the other things that get lost in the minutia.










The wind whipped our hair around, making me feel a bit like Beyonce--a feeling everyone should experience at least once.

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram