I'm so excited to share a new DC favorite that I've found. I have eaten at this restaurant the last two times that I've headed down to the District and I've fallen in love with it. The food is delicious and it won't break the bank--both of which are wins in my book!



My classmates and I headed down to DC for dinner and a night away from school. We crammed 9 of us into a booth made for six. By the end of the night our table was piled high with 9 pizza. There wasn't an in of table left!



I always try to get something different when I go to restaurants, but I couldn't help myself at Matchbox! I ordered the same pizza both times I went and I don't regret it in the slightest. I had a prosciutto and black mission fig pizza. This dish is the perfect mix of sweet and peppery! Perfection in a slice.



For dessert, because I can't go anywhere without ordering dessert, I had a butternut squash cheesecake. My classmates were a little skeptical of my choice, but it was so delicious. It was sweet and buttery without being too overpowering. It reminded me of pumpkin cheesecake without the spice. I loved it!



Matchbox has three locations in DC: Chinatown, U Street, and Capitol Hill. I've been to the first two and had great experiences at both!

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram