Anyone else a total podcast junkie?? 🙋 I should be embarrassed about the number of podcasts I've subscribed too, but I figure there are worse things to collect and I'm pretty comfortable with who I am. So there you are :)

Being a self-proclaimed junkie, it should be known that not all podcasts are created equal. When hunting for a new podcast I feel a bit like Goldilocks: it can't be too long or too short. It's got to be just right. So after highly scientific and painstaking research, here are the ones I think best:

Awesome with Alison 

I'm not usually someone who reads a lot of self-help books or anything, but this podcast is FIRE. Alison and her husband explore ways to be happier, more efficient, and, dare I say it, more awesome. He's hilarious and she's a ball of energy--a better combo than fries and malt vinegar. Episodes are just about half an hour, perfect for the gym. 

Pod Save the Queen

If you know anything about me, you know that I love the British royal family. I don't know why, but I love them. And while I'm still in half-mourning following the announcement of Prince Harry's engagement, this podcast has somewhat softened the blow. The royal correspondent from the Daily Mail and her colleague cover the ins and outs of the royal family. It's indulgent and I don't apologize for that.

Coffee Break French

A few months ago I decided I wanted to try to learn French. So I downloaded DuoLingo and....nothing. It wasn't greatest forum for me so I went in search of something else. This doozie of a podcast has 15 to 20 minute lessons that are easy to follow and to listen to. Maybe don't listen to this one at the gym because the guy on the treadmill next to you might give you weird looks when you repeat, "Bonjour, je suis américain." Word to the wise ;)

All Songs Considered

I. love. pop. music. There, I said it. And All Songs Considered validates this love SO MUCH. These NPRers breakdown popular songs (from all genres) and talk about everything from their origin to their musical make up. This podcast is gold. And a treasure trove of new music. 

Munchin' with Moguls

I don't even remember how I found this podcast. It was probably through Hailey Devine (side note: I'm obsessed--follow her blog because she's amazing). The host sits down with different women who have built their own businesses and/or social media influence and talks to them about how they did it. They often explore the role of social media and how to have a healthy relationship with it, which I think is a conversation we should all be having. Her intro music is also incredible. 

3 comments

  1. I'm obsessed with the Devine's blog, too! My husband calls them my "internet best friends," haha. I love their whole family ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Haha yes!! I want in this besties club!

      Delete

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram