Remember when Taylor Swift told us that New York was waiting for us? Well, not exactly true, but it's amazing nonetheless. A few friends and I planned a trip to attend a conference for our church and then decided that we just wanted to play in the city 😉

 We got into the city really late and immediately headed out to dinner. I love that you can still get an amazing meal regardless of the time of day. I think that's just the most beautiful thing about NYC. Bless the city that never sleeps.

The next morning we headed out for the best meal of the week: Brunch. I read about De Maria on the Londoner's blog and it didn't disappoint. 


We snagged a table on the terrace and immediately ordered up a storm. We got the overnight oats with chia seeds, the Tiger bowl, and the stuffed avocado---oh my gosh, an absolute dream! 


Just look at that beauty: a perfectly ripe avocado with a poached egg to write home about. I'm still drooling over it. 



The highlight of the meal was the chocolate avocado cake. An absolute triumph, it's worth a trip to Soho by itself. 

Topped with edible flowers, it's a deep rich chocolate pound cake with a smattering of smashed avocado and a spritz of lemon. To. Die. For. 


After declaring our love for De Maria, we headed to Laduree. It's criminal to be that close and not go. Did you even go to NYC if you didn't get a macaron? Get a pistachio macaron and you won't be sorry.




One of my favorite things about New York is that it's just the perfect city to walk. It's an absolute buffet for the eyes so I try to walk as much as possible whenever I go. Plus, there is soooo much good food in the city that you have to walk it all off!

We walked down the 9/11 Memorial and then popped over to Brooklyn to walk the bridge back to Manhattan. As cliche as it is, this is worth every effort. You get amazing views of the city and there's just something about being caught in the bustle.
















It was the perfect weekend. I think I'm still full actually. 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram