I knew this day was coming.  I've been dreading it since those wonderful fireworks exploded over Olympic Stadium two weeks ago.  The Games have ended :( I don't know what I'm going to do anymore when I get home from work.  I had developed this wonderful routine of coming home, watching a few events, head back to campus and get home in time for the prime time events.  It was beautiful! But, alas, all good things must come to an end.

As I think back over the Games I must admit that the London ones were my favorite (it may be because they're some of the only ones that I remember, but that's a minor detail). They were full of triumph, heartache, and not a few history-making moments.  

These were some of my favorite:
-Ryan Lochte winning the 400IM
-Gabby Douglas winning the Gymnastics All-Around
-Rebecca Soni breaking the world record in the 200 breast
-Team USA breaking the Women's 4x100M world record
-Mo Farah winning gold in the 10K
-USA Women's team wins gold in gymnastics
-Usain Bolt sweeping the sprints
-Three-peat by Misty May and Kerri Walsh
-Missy Franklin's interview with Bob Costas
-All of Oscar Pistorius
-Dana Vollmer's world record swim
-Chad le Clos wining the 200M fly
-Andy Murray topping Roger Federer in a Wimbledon rematch
-Michael Phelps becoming the most decorated Olympian ever
-USA swim team making a cover to 'Call Me Maybe'



Ryan Lochte winning gold

The Fierce Five (minus Gabby)

Andy Murray

Mo Farah

Missy Franklin

Usain Bolt

Women's 4x100M Relay Team

 (sigh)...Is it time for Rio yet?






Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram