Dear Santa,

Sorry I haven't written in a while...I'm a terrible pen-pal. But as you know, December is knocking at the door which means that Christmas is almost upon us. I hope that your workshop is running well and that Mrs. Clause is in good health.

I have been giving thought as to what to ask for this year and I hate to say that I am at a loss. I was thinking maybe a guitar. I've been wanting to learn how to play for a long time now. I promise that it would be loved and played all the time! A potions set would also be great. I'm finally old enough to use a Bunsen burner and I'll wear protective gloves like the instructions say. Also, I would still like a Barbie Dream house like this one:

See the elevator? 

It didn't seem to make it under the tree when I was seven. If I could get the one with the elevator that would be the best!

Maybe since I'm all grown up though I need to ask for something more practical, like a briefcase. I don't know if you know but I got into the business school this year so maybe a briefcase is in order? I don't know though...a briefcase doesn't seem like me. Maybe leather bound books--those are very sophisticated.

Santa, it's kind of hard to write all the things that I want. Maybe that's why there's so many songs about it. All Mariah Carey wants is you...whoever that is. Madonna, Taylor Swift, and a slew of other female arts want a yacht, and really that's not a lot. I remember when I really little I wanted my two front teeth for Christmas (which was delivered, thank you :) ). But, I think what I want most of all though is just to go home. I want to go home and make way more sugar cookies than necessary with Mama Lo and then eat them all while we watch every Hallmark special on. I want to make pozole with Papa Lo and pretend to be interested in all the football games on this year. I want to sing obnoxiously loud with my baby sister while we drive to the mall to pick up presents and buy sweets. I want to play the sad, out of tune piano in parents' front room while the dogs howl in the background (it makes for a beautiful symphony, Santa). I want to curl up in Mama's library and read all afternoon and listen to Christmas music and stay up late watching movies with family. I want to play board games and laugh until I cry. So, if it's not too much trouble, can I just have a plane ticket home this year? I promise that I've been good all year long and tried my best to be nice.

Please please please,

Angela

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram