This semester has been an interesting one. At the beginning of my senior year I had an idea of what I thought my life would like come April. Well, it's not April and my life looks nothing like I thought it would. I spent the fall semester applying for what felt like every job under the sun but nothing ever worked out. After a crucial conversation with my father, I decided that I would apply for graduate school, which had never been on my radar.

I spent a few weeks thinking about what I wanted to study. I love the arts and wanted to find a program that would fit well with my business degree. I started applying to several architecture programs. I was set on going to an architectural program when another school reached out to me about their health care management program. I decided to apply. After waiting for what felt like years I finally got a response--I had been accepted to the health care management program! It was not where I thought I would be (which seems to be a pattern in my life), but I knew that it was where I was supposed to be.

This morning I officially accepted my admission to Johns Hopkins University sooo....

I'm moving to Baltimore!

I've never been to Baltimore. The extent of my knowledge is limited to the remake of Hairspray with Zac Efron so I'm assuming everyone sings and dances there. I am still getting used to the idea of living in this metropolis but am also very excited. I love how close I will be to DC and have even contemplated living in DC and commuting but have made no final decisions. That's probably just an unrealistic dream, but whatever, I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I also realized that I will probably be moving into my first unfurnished apartment and have subsequently been having IKEA-filled dreams. (Prepare for an onslaught of home decor posts if this is the case). 

Has anyone been to Baltimore? Any advice?

By the way, this was my first thought when I read my acceptance letter:

<div class="sqs-video-wrapper" data-html="



" data-provider-name="YouTube">


Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram