Most Saturday mornings last summer were spent at the Provo's Farmers' Market with my roommate, Katie. The stalls were filled with little crafts, fresh veggies, and homemade sweets. Our favorite stop was the limeade stall where a young couple squeezed the limes for your drink as you watched. I love the farmers' market! It is the essence of summer for me. 

When Mom said there a large farmers' market in Charlotte, I jumped at the chance to go. My parents and I woke up early this morning and trekked down to south Charlotte to see all the goodies. This market is massive! Stall after stall after stall is full of fresh fruits and vegetables. I don't think I've every so greens in my whole life. There are also several vendors that sold fresh flowers and herbs--these might have been my favorite.

Before we left I decided to take my camera, which proved to be an excellent choice. The farmers' market was bursting with colors: the bright reds of the strawberries, the rich greens of the lettuce, the vibrant yellows of lemons. It was a photographer's dream! I could have stayed and shot all day. 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram