It's been a while since I posted something under 5 Things, hasn't it?! Get it together, A!


Avocados: Guys! It's avocado season again! So they won't cost an arm and a leg at the grocery store. I am a total avo-addict. I have avocado toast for lunch several times a week. HmmMmm! I also found this great trick to keep your avo from going brown (which is the worst!). Just pop of bit of onion in a container with your green goddess and voila! No more brown! I'm going to give it a go. Anyone else know any other tricks?


Road Trips:  If it's avocado season, it's also road trip season. I've had a couple of road trips in the last few weeks and I'm in love. I don't know what it is about settling in for a super long drive; maybe because it's sort of a summer elixir? I also am no respecter of road trips: I like solo trips and trips where the car is packed to the gils with people and blankets. I love to crank up the tunes and just go! Road trip playlist here.


Books: Hi, I'm Angela, and I'm a bibliophile. I'm one of those people who can't be trusted in a bookstore because I'll walk out with 17 new books. It's an act of incredible will power for me to not walk in at all. My summer reading is alive and well: I'm currently reading The Book Thief, Les Miserables, and My Life in France (Julia Child's autobiography--perfection! This lady is my hero.).


Summer Skirts: Baltimore has been blazing lately, so I am living in skirts this summer. I found this great pattern from the wonderful Merrick and made like five of them. I'll post a tutorial soon! Seriously, easiest skirt ever and it's suuuuper comfortable!


Parents: I know I say this a lot, but I have the raddest parents around. I've been blessed to be able to hang out with them quite a bit the last month or so between me going home and them coming to me. I swear they're some of the funniest people I know. Just last night I was in class and struggling to keep a straight face because Mom and I were texting about something ridiculous like bringing a cardboard cutout of her to my graduation for photo ops. What? Yeah, that's our relationship and just further evidence that they're super cool. #Parentgoals

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram