Have you ever had a perfect day?

Today, I did.


Today is my birthday, the one day of the year where I eat as many sweets as I want :) Well, that's a lot of days, but today I don't even blink at the caloric intake.

My day started with a nice lie-in. I've been having problems sleeping past about 7:45am or so, but today I slept until 9:00am because the birthday gods were smiling upon me. I lounged in bed for a while, read a little bit, listened to some music, and watched the Bachelorette (commentary forthcoming). 

Around 10 or so I decided it was time to start moving. So I took an obnoxiously long shower and blow dried my hair. My sweet roommates pulled out all the stops today! One of them made the most delicious blueberry tart with some help from the other. I have an absolute addiction to those berries and it was soooooo good! My other roommate set up a surprise lunch for me!

She put out the most beautiful china and called some of my good friends from the ward. I felt like we were at garden party or something :) It was the best present I could have asked for! 

Good friends + good food = Perfection.

I also had a cupcake with candles in it so I even got to make a birthday wish. 

Later in the afternoon I went to an early dinner with some friends from school. There is awesome little brunch place just down the street from school. I tucked into some herbal tea and a grilled cheese (because I'm actually still 7) and was in heaven. It's been super cloudy today so it was perfect for tea (thank you, birthday gods!). 

Then came dessert. For anyone who reads this blog, it's no secret that I have a major sweet tooth. Like, my food groups are donuts, cakes, and pastries. So we ordered three! My favorite? The funnel cake bread pudding. Like, what? Who came up with that and why have we not given them a ton of awards?! 

Aside from these two events, I've had tons of calls, texts, Facebook messages, etc. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel loved! I am so so blessed! So, a massive, massive thank you to everyone who has made this the best birthday ever! You're the best! 

PS--I'm terrible and took ZERO pictures of this perfect day! So enjoy the picture of dessert :)

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram