Last week I decided to go to DisneyWorld. Just like that. Well, sort of just like that.

So my friends had asked me a few weeks ago to go to DW with them and I was sort of wishy-washy about it. I'd just be getting home from Utah and school was starting and on and on and on. But last minute I decided, "YOLO!" and packed my bags.

I had class late Thursday night, so we decided that we would leave after class ended and spend the second half of Friday and all of Saturday in the park and drive home on Sunday. If you're thinking, "Wow, that's dedicated." Yes, yes we are.  And it turned out to be one of the most fun weekends of my life (As evidenced by my total lack of pictures!! Sorry!). 

As soon as we walked into the park, we went non-stop until Saturday evening. We rode everything from Splash Mountain to Pirates of the Caribbean to the Tower of Terror. 

The last time I went to DW I was really little so I didn't ride any of the big rides really, so this was my first time on Tower of Terror and the jury's still out. Here are my thoughts: I am all for the free-fall portion of the ride. Totally on board with that. All the creepy stuff before? Not so much. At one point one of the creepy bellhops stood right behind me and when I realized he was there I freaked out. I'm talking glass shattering scream and massive laughter from everyone else. However, I did ride it something like 6 times so I guess I like it? 

Day 2 was spent mostly eating :) The majority of the day was spent at Epcot at the World Showcase. Whoever had this idea is brilliant. And also one of my favorite people. We started with lunch at the British pub, The Rose & Crown. Holy cow, the food was so good! We all ordered a different main course so we hit all the highlights. My personal favorite was the bangers and mash. Oh! And the mushy peas! To. Die. For. 


We rode a few rides before we went back to make the entire loop of the showcase. We basically just ate our way around the world. Delicacies included, but not limited to:

  • Norwegian pastries
  • Churros with dulce de leche dipping sauce (heart-eye emoji!)
  • German caramels 
  • Egg rolls
  • Macaroons 
  • Truffles
  • Sushi
  • Croissants 
  • Chicken dumplings 
  • Ice cream
By the time we were finished I couldn't eat another bite and we even skipped a few countries, which sort of felt like cheating... 

We rounded out the trip with the Star Wars fireworks (amazing) and a viewing of Fantasmic. Fantasmic really had it all: princesses, fireworks, fire on the water, good pre-music. What more do you want, ya know? 

After two glorious days, we piled back in the car for the long trek north. I was pretty exhausted by the time I got home, but man oh man was it worth it!

PS--I realize I totally failing at picture taking as of late, so this is me resolving to do better! 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram