I feel like I've started every post for the last little bit with an apology for not writing very often! The past few months have been crazy with school, moving, and just life in general. Buuuut, I've finished school and moved back home so I should have way more time to blog! Hooray!

My last night in Baltimore couldn't have been more perfect. Some of my very best friends snagged tickets to Sam Smith's concert for my birthday, so we packed up and headed to the outdoor venue for a night of food, spazzy dancing, and screamed lyrics.


As this was an outdoor concert, we decided that we HAD to picnic. How can you not? We popped into Wegman's (the greatest grocery store on the planet) and started putting anything that looked remotely appetizing into the cart. We ended up with way more food than we could possibly eat: chips and guac (which evaporated before the opener even took the stage), chicken salad, sourdough bread, strawberries, quiche, a mountain of desserts, and a bunch of other things I can't remember! Needless to say, we were prepared to camp out at that concert for days.

Jazmine Sullivan was his opener. Normally I'm not a fan of openers. Like, just bring on the main act, ya know? But she was AMAZING! Pipes of an angel, that one! And she covered a Shania Twain song and my inner 14-year-old died. I also still knew all the words.

Finally it was time for Sam to come on. I don't want to be dramatic or anything, but this was hands down the best concert I've ever been to. He is so good live!! We were totally fangirling.



And he's super funny. When he talked in between songs we were all laughing. I have to admit that I didn't know the majority of the songs he played, but you know I went home and downloaded that album asap.


We danced and made up the lyrics when didn't know them. I also think that I missed my calling. I should totally be a backup singer. Their dancing level is about where mine is at. We literally had all the same dance moves. So consider this a change of career notice.

I've also decided that I really enjoy concerts. I think it's 'my thing'. And Ed Sheeran is coming to Atlanta so.......

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram