Summer means delicious food, all the time.


I love late summer because peaches finally come into season. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits--right up there with blueberries! My grandparents live in this little town that holds a peach festival every year and the peaches are to die for. I'm salivating just thinking about it!

I picked up three juicy peaches at the grocery store last week and have had to ration them out. Ha! Peaches are great for a quick snack, but sometimes I like to do more than just right in. So I thought I'd share some of my favorite ways to have peaches!

Drizzled in honey. This one is pretty self explanatory. Dice up your peach, toss it in a bowl, and drizzle some honey over the top.

Grilled. One summer my roommate and I made a huge Sunday dinner and invited people over. It was on one of theses occasions that we discovered the glory of grilled peaches. Slice your peach in half and sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon on top and throw it on the grill. Let it cook for 3-5 min, then top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an absolutely mouth-watering dessert. 

Fruit salad. I love that peaches are so versatile. I really enjoy them with other fruits. When I do a fruit salad I usually put raspberries and blueberries in my peaches. It offers a great variety of textures and flavors. You could also mix your fruit salad in with plain Greek yogurt, honey, and granola for a tasty breakfast! 

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram