It is that blessed time of the year again: General Conference. When I was younger, I was no good at General Conference. I was squirmy and restless, fidgeting through every session my mother had me try to sit through. As an adult, however, I have changed my ways. 

General Conference is a truly unique blessing. Twice each year, we, the world collectively, have the opportunity to listen the Lord's prophet and apostles. Messages that the Lord would have us heed pour over the pulpit, encouraging us to keep going and imploring us to be better. The first session has just ended and I have already jotted down countless insights, answers, and nuggets of truth. 

I know that as we tune into to Conference with a pure intent to learn, the Lord will bless us. He will heal our heats, answer our prayers, and teach us an individuals. Conference brings innumerable blessings and peace to the heart. 

If we teach by the Spirit, and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you.  --Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
This conference is rather unique in that three new apostles will be called and sustained. You can learn about this process here.

Conference can be viewed on lds.org and byutv.com.

Post a Comment

© Angela Lopez 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram